Okay, so I may have a warped sense of what constitutes fun – but hear me out on this one. If you find bookkeeping a pain in the butt and a necessary evil in order to keep the taxman happy, then take 5 minutes to read my:
6 ways to make bookkeeping fun!
- Get creative! Jazz up your accounts files with some nice labels or replace your folders with colour co-ordinated ones. There are some really nice colours out there now, and you can colour co-ordinate your whole office.
- Every time you finish your bookkeeping tasks for the week, reward yourself with a little of something that puts a smile on your face. (Did somebody say chocolate?)
- Take time out to meet other business owners and attend a bookkeeping workshop. As well as picking up some hints and getting you enthused about getting back to your bookkeeping you’ll probably get a morning or afternoon tea thrown in as well. There are workshops that cover debt collection, payroll, tax, software, cloud computing and lots more.
- Have your favourite CD playing quietly in the background, grab a glass of wine (or maybe just half in my case or else my accounts would be a shambles) and enjoy the time to yourself.
- Get organised. Have a spring clean of your accounts documents and files and feel good about how organised you are. I’ll be writing more on accounts organisation a little down the track.
- Follow a blog that motivates you in your quest for business or career success. A couple of goods ones are:
If none of these ideas really appeal to you, you could always pay someone else to do it while you go out and have your kind of fun!